- Heidi’s Café : great breakfasts, good filter coffee and delicious baked treats
- Pool table
- Surf lessons (book our popular get-up-and-go surf lessons at reception)
- Swimming pool
- Free wi-fi (50 meg per guest) (additional vouchers can be bought at reception)
- DVD rentals (small selection - deposit payable and refunded upon return of DVD's)
- Small library
- Internet café
- Small surf and beach shop
- Surfboard and bodyboard rental
- Bicycle rentals
Activities in and around Durban and KwaZulu Natal :
Backpacking in South Africa :
- Bluff National Park Golf Club
golf course within walking distance from Ansteys Beach
- uShaka Marine World (about a 15km drive from Ansteys Beach):
- Gateway Theatre of Shopping (about a 35 minute drive from Ansteys Beach):
Great shopping, Science Centre, Wavehouse, Climbing Wall
There's also Pavillion and Galleria shopping centres within close proximity
- Kwazulu Natal Sharks Board
This is a must see! See shark dissections on certain days. Our guests usually incorporate a visit to gateway with a visit to the sharks board as they are right next to each other. Do the Sharks Board tour Umhlanga and go out with the sharks board at dawn to collect sharks in the nets (beautiful time to be on the water)
- Walking Tours in Durban
A selection of city walking tour itineraries, led by qualified guides, is offered by the tourist board, departing from the tourist junction in pine street.
- Moses Mabidha Stadium
A great visit and a fantastic view of Durban from the top!
- Crocworld Crocodile Farm
This is a fun day trip – Crocworld is about a 30-40 minute drive south from Ansteys. There is also the great curio stalls on the way to or from Crocworld where you are able to buy African curios at very reasonable prices and you support the local community!
Other Day Trips
- Phezulu Safari Park - crocodile and traditional zulu homestead in the Valley of 1000 Hills with zulu dancing etc, Valley of 1000 Hills
- St Lucia Wetlands Park: about 2-3 hour drive from Durban – view the hippos and crocodiles in their natural habitat
- Hluhluwe Umfolozi Game Reserve : a very popular day trip with many of our guests – get to see all the animals in their natural habitat
- Tala Game Reserve - 45 min from Durban (not a Big 5 reserve, but many other animals, pack a picnic and enjoy the peace under the acacia trees
- Ricksha bus city tour (view sight in and around Durban)
- Victoria muti market (Tourist Junction tours)
- Township tour
- Hare Krishna Temple of Understanding, Chatsworth (beautiful peaceful temple to visit, largest in Africa, veggie restaurant there for indian cuisine.
- Victoria spice market
- Mangrove swamps tour.
- A day trip to Oribi Gorge on the south coast – a beautiful and scenic trip! Enjoy breakfast or lunch at the popular Leopard Rock restaurant with stunning views over the valley.