COVID 19 Protocols & House Rules
The COVID-19 protocol and House Rules that we have put in place at Ansteys Beach Self Catering & Backpackers is for the safety and reassurance of our guests and staff. This protocol is in addition to our usual Terms and Conditions and is outlined below:
- Wearing a mask if within 1.5 meters of others
- Regular hygiene (hand-washing and/or using sanitiser) (70%+ alcohol content)
- Keeping social distance at all times
- Disinfecting all often-touched surfaces frequently
- All premises to be well ventilated & regularly sanitized
Screening of guests on arrival has become a necessary protocol. Therefore, in order to prevent an infected person from checking into the property, all guests will be required to:
- Sanitize their hands & their temperature will be taken with a no touch thermometer and recorded before proceeding to reception. If a guest’s temperature is high (actual temperature at screening should not exceed 37.5 degrees Celsius) and/or they have symptoms of the virus they will not be allowed to check-in and will be referred to a medical facility.
- A mandatory questionnaire is to be completed before proceeding to your unit and all relevant documentation (ID, required documentation) to be handed to reception if this has not been sent in advance.
- No more than 2 persons are allowed to check in at Reception at any given time.
- The Check In process will be an easy process with limited contact where possible. All items on the front desk (pen, registration form and unit keys) and the receptionists hands are sanitised, in front of the arriving guest, prior to any guest interaction. Guests are required to sanitise hands and credit cards, prior to interaction. The speed point machine is sanitised before and after every use.
- Only one receptionist may be present behind the reception desk and guests awaiting check-in are to observe strict social distancing.
Cleaning and hygiene:
We take sanitizing and cleaning very seriously, and are adhering to the World Health Organizations as well as the Tourism Business Council of South Africa Covid-19 basic hygiene protocols for cleaning and sanitizing. Please be assured that all our staff have been thoroughly briefed on hygiene and safety measures and will be kept up to date on any new developments regarding Covid-19.
- Regular routine cleaningof public/communal areas such as restrooms, dining room, table tops, counters, hand rails, door knobs, back office surfaces and front desk surfaces are wiped down on a regular routine throughout the day
- Hand and surface sanitizer will be provided in each room and communal areas. Protective wear has been issued to Housekeeping and Reception staff to wear at all times when on duty
- Our rooms and communal areas will be sanitized with high pressure SANY-CL 5% sanitizing agent on a regular basis and all rooms will be thoroughly sanitized and deep-cleaned upon each departure
- It is imperative that guests and staff all maintain thorough hygiene measures while staying at Ansteys
During your Stay:
Housekeeping services will be severely limited to limit the risk of infection. All guests are required to do their own dishes and make their own beds during their stay. We have provided surface and hand sanitiser in each of the guest rooms as well as the toilets, but hand washing often is always the best form of protection. Linen will be changed after every 4th day for long term guests.
During Level 3 the Bar as well as the Café will have very strictly controlled limited use. Guests will have to take their drinks and meals ‘on the go’ or in the comfort of their unit. Guests may make use of the pool braai area and swimming pool while observing strict social distancing practices. Social distancing applies to all public areas throughout a guest’s stay, including the lounge, kitchen and dining room. Visitors are strictly prohibited.
Personal hygiene is being reiterated, including the importance of washing hands frequently and thoroughly; avoiding touching eyes, nose and mouth; practicing respiratory hygiene (sneezing and coughing into a tissue that is safely discarded or the crook of the elbow), and avoiding touching one’s face.
Avoiding close contact with anyone who is coughing, sneezing and feverish. Anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness to be reported to the Reception Supervisor on duty for further action to take place, such as contacting the NICD hotline (080 002 9999)
We thank you for your co-operation and understanding.